If you are unable to attend the meeting today, but wish to view the live stream from Facebook please click this link to take you to the page at 1Pm.
We are welcoming everyone to join us in a general assembly meeting of the St George Sikousis Syllogos on Sunday October 22nd at 1 PM, (refreshments will be served) in Trenton, NJ at:We are welcoming everyone to join us in a general assembly meeting of the St George Sikousis Syllogos on Sunday October 22nd at 1 PM, (refreshments will be served) in Trenton, NJ at:
St George Greek Orthodox Church 1200 Klockner Road, Trenton, NJ 08619
Many of you, for many years, have been asking and wondering what has happened to the St. George Sikousis Silogo (established in 1967, NY). We are happy to announce that the Syllogo has been reborn and legally established as a non‐proﬁt organization. The old Syllogo (1967, NY) is no longer in existence due to inactivity and no annual ﬁlings with the IRS to retain its non‐proﬁt status.
We would like to inform and update you as to what has happened in the past year and for next year. The working board of trustees consists of John Bougiamas, John Pilavas, and Panayiotis S. Billis. All three (especially John Bougiamas who has taken the lead) have dedicated their time, efforts, and ﬁnancial support to accomplish the following:
1. Establish the new Syllogo ‐ ST GEORGE SIKOUSIS SYLLOGOS, LTD
2. Filed and approved by the IRS as a non‐proﬁt organization.
3. Filing Paperwork to establish Tax‐Exempt Status
4. Created a new set of By‐Laws.
5. Opened a bank account.
6. Planned events for next year in honor of our Horio’s 500th year Anniversary (Please note included Save the Date’s)7. English Translation of the Book (History of our Horio) by Pantelis Mavrogeorgis.
We will discuss the by‐laws, accept membership applications and additional donations, to form an election committee as well as to discuss any other matters of business. There will be no elections on that day, but elections will be held on a later date (December 3), at the Chian Federation in NY.
Going forward, please keep these events & dates in mind and more information will follow.
1. Elections on December 3, 2017 (NY, Cultural Center of the Chian Federation).
2. Vasilopita February 11, 2018 (Prophet Elias Orthodox Church, Yonkers, NY).
3. Dinner/Dance in honor of the 500th year Anniversary in the founding of our Village on November 10, 2018 (Location: TBD).
Finally, we look forward in seeing everyone on October 22nd to give our Syllogo a New birth.
Sincerely Yours,The Working Board of Trustees
Were pleased to announce that our tax exempt status with the Internal Revenue Service has been approved. We are working on getting our New York State Tax Exemption.